Getting back into the Great Outdoors at Cheshire Scouts Activity Centres
Since the introduction of lockdown measures last year, both Forest Camp and Tatton Park Cheshire Scout’s Activity Centres have been closed. As we are now at readiness level AMBER and given that some sections may not be able to use their normal meeting place, our Activity Centres are valuable resources to enable face-to-face Scouting to restart safely. Therefore, we are looking for people to help us get back into the Great Outdoors in two ways…
1. Our new Scout Active Support Unit
This is the opportunity for those who are prepared to support the Activity Centres on a regular basis who will become part of the core team of volunteers. This could be;
- Warden Teams – spend a weekend (or two, or three) helping to run one of the campsites and supporting young people camping for the weekend. Typically, you will need to available from Friday teatime to late Sunday afternoon.
- Retail Teams – help cover shifts in the campsite shops during the busy periods. Typically, these are morning, afternoons, early evening.
- Grounds Maintenance Teams – the best physical workout you get for free in stunning surroundings with jobs to match your skills.
- Building Service Teams – help us to make sure that all our buildings are presented at their best for every user. If you have a passion for keeping things clean & tidy this is a role you will love.
2. Our Task & Finish Team
There is a lot of work we need to undertake to get our Activity Centres ready to open again so we are looking for small groups of friends who are prepared to work as a bubble on specific jobs that need completing.
There is currently a list of about 150 different tasks that need completing ranging from deep cleaning buildings, painting tasks (indoors & outdoors) to grass cutting and ground maintenance to make our sites look amazing.
We are looking for people prepared to join us for half a day, a weekend or time during the week (all once Coronavirus rules and restrictions allow). We are very flexible, free tea & coffee and amazing views.
If you are inspired to help by getting a small group of willing volunteers to help us get our Activity Centres ready to welcome people back into the Great Outdoors! Please fill out the Enquiry Form below;
Activity Centres Volunteer
Enquiry Form 2021