Unit Leadership Team Application Form
Part 1 – Before you start
Thank you for considering joining the 25th World Scout Jamboree 2023 Cheshire Unit Leadership Team.
We welcome everyone to apply
We’re supporting the UK Contingent’s vision to be the most inclusive UK Contingent to attend a World Scout Jamboree, this starts with the Unit Leadership Team and we encourage applications from people from all walks of life– all backgrounds, genders, ages, races, religions, and abilities.
There should be no unnecessary barriers to anyone becoming part of our Unit Leadership Team. Which also means that no Cheshire Unit Leader will be left out of pocket, or expected to fund their 25th WSJ 2023 participation themselves.
If you need help completing your application or assistance to attend our selection event, you should contact us.
All requests will be treated with respect and confidence.
This is an adult role, and considering prior experience, the UK Contingent advise Unit Leaders, Deputies and Assistant should be at least 18 years old by 1 January 2022.
We’ve got the eye of the tiger, here’s what we’re looking for!
During the application process we’ll be looking for how you demonstrate that you:
- understand and believe in delivering the vision for the UK Contingent
- are passionate about Youth Shaping, Inclusion and sustainability
- have a positive mindset and always look for a solution to challenges
- would be able to manage and lead/work with a team of volunteers directly and remotely
- are organised and efficient
- can manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- are committed to personal development and development of Scouting and your community
- would be able to build good relationships and work effectively with other volunteers and staff at UK Contingent
- are a good communicator
- can work remotely, using e-mail and other communication tools
- are self-motivated and able to use your own initiative, whilst recognising the limits of your authority or others
- are excited about the experiences the 25WSJ can offer young people and volunteers
- are able to work in a team or independently as required
- are able to remain positive despite what challenges you may face during the project
- have or you are willing to complete the relevant training for your role before attending the 25 World Scout Jamboree
- will take responsibility to ensure that you are physically fit enough to deliver your role at the 25 World Scout Jamboree, taking into consideration the challenges and opportunities of the Jamboree site are able to provide space for visionary thinking and to act on that thinking
- will support the Join in Jamboree activities and promote the 25WSJ around Cheshire and ensure your unit members do the same.
Tips to make your best application
Please read through this whole form before completing it.
If you have any questions please contact Graham Shaw via [email protected]. We also recommend reading the support information on scouts.org.uk/wsj and attending UK Contingent and County Unit Leader promotion events.
How to apply
We welcome written or video applications.
Whatever type of application you make, you must complete part 2 of this form.
We would also value that you complete the UK Contingent’s Equality Monitoring Form.
Your application form should be completed online, and video (if applicable) must be emailed to [email protected] using WeTransfer.com, Vimeo/YouTube, or similar before midnight on 20th August 2021.
Acting on our dreams
We need to stand behind the commitments we make. It is important that we can demonstrate that we’re recruiting from the diverse communities.
It is really important to us that you take 2 minutes to also complete the UK Contingent’s Equality Monitoring Form.
We take your privacy seriously
Some anonymised diversity monitoring information will be retained by the UK Contingent when we have completed the selection process.
For more information see the UK Contingent’s Data Privacy Statement.
- 20th August 2021 – All applications must be received.
- 28th August 2021 – Our aim to inform all shortlisted candidates.
- 4th/5th September 2021 – Our planned selection event at Forest Camp Scout Activity Centre. Please contact us if this date or venue would be a problem for you.